Here’s everything you need to know about carpet stretching… from the “basics” all the way down to whether or not you should stretch your carpet!
Carpet Stretching Basics
Why you stretch carpet is pretty simple – you want your carpet to always lay flat, and smooth. The first time your carpet is installed, this is the case if you used a quality provider. But over the years, the carpet can come lose and start to develop buckles, or ripples. If you are experiencing this problem, call us today and we can send someone out to fix it. These ripples are caused by…
- Poor Carpet Stretching / Installation – Like we said above… it all depends on who installed it the first time and if they did it properly.
- Heavy Foot Traffic – Over the years the constant pressure on the carpet can pull it loose. This can occur even if the carpet was originally installed correctly.
- Heavy Furniture – Sometimes when moving heavy objects the carpet can become dislodged from the tack strips.
- Wrong Padding and Carpet Pairing – It’s important that the correct padding is used for a carpet, and if it isn’t, the carpet can start to loosen.
If you feel any of these may be the case, and you can visually see a bulge in your carpet, you are likely a candidate for a quick carpet stretching repair job. Call us today and we can get you a free estimate over the phone!
Should You Stretch Your Carpet?
If you can visually see signs of rippling, it’s only going to get worse. It can become a safety hazard over time if left unattended. People can trip, fall, and it’s such a quick fix that there is no reason to let this go any longer.
Call us today before it gets worse OR someone falls! We’ll be out in a flash to get your carpet back to its smooth, original state!
How It’s Done
Many people will try to stretch their own carpets, but they don’t have the proper tools. Our specialists will come prepared for the job, and do it right the first time, every time!
Here’s some of the tools of the trade:
- Carpet Knife
- Industrial Carpet Staple Gun
- Knee Stretcher or “Kicker”
- Power Carpet Stretcher
If you don’t have all of the above tools, I HIGHLY recommend you let a professional handle the job. It’s not super costly and it’s very low risk. Feel free to give us a call today and we’ll get you on the schedule!